Saturday, March 17, 2018

2 Weeks to Go

Hard to believe in two weeks these sweet little babies will be here.  I took this picture of her tonight and you can see she is starting to have a wide load, but she is doing great.  She stands back when the dogs are coming or going so she doesn't get trampled, but she doesn't hestitate to let them know when they are not behaving correctly.  She is eating well, actually better than me - for that fact.  She is getting roasted chicken with the drippings from Costco mixed in with her kibble and she loves it, but I noticed this morning that she couldn't quite eat all of her breakfast, so instead of two meals a day, I will start giving her three.  That will be a little easier to digest and not quite so much in one meal time. 

Today, my dad came over and we tore apart the whelping box and put it back together.  My dad made my whelping box and I love it, except the pig rails (boards to stop mom from squishing pups when they are new born) were just too low, the pups kept getting their heads stuck under them in the last litter, so we moved them up, now they are probably too high, but I am not taking this thing apart again.  It is solid and heavy.  By taking it apart, I was able to give it a good cleaning as well and I was able to get under it, which I haven't done in a while, surprisingly, it wasn't too bad, but it got a good bleaching - all ready for the new babies.  Nevada came in and supervised and we got her seal of approval when it was all put back together.

We go in for X Rays on Monday the 26th at 10am, so I will have a better idea of how many puppies she is going to have at that time. 

Meanwhile it is starting to sink in that I have a lot of work to try and do before pups come, because after they are here, not much gets accomplished as far as day to day chores around the house.  I try, but there is just never enough time and I spend as much time with the babies as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment