Saturday, March 31, 2018

All is Well

Nevada is being an awesome mom, she doesn't want to leave her babies at all and I almost have to force her out to go potty, she wont eat unless she is laying down with them nursing on her and has been doting and being an all around amazing mom, I couldn't ask her to be any better.

Her milk still hasn't come in, although I think they are getting more than they were yesterday and this afternoon for a minute I almost thought it had dropped, there is a humming sound when the babies nurse when momma's milk comes in, it is hard to describe, but any breeder knows what I am talking about, I think it was wishful thinking on my part, but I have faith it will be coming in soon.

I have named the wee little guy Stuart Little - he is so tiny compared to the others but he is a fighter.  I have watched him and he has figured out that if he burrows down and goes for the nipple at the bottom that momma is almost laying on, then he doesn't get knocked off as easily.  He is still not gaining like the others, so up until now, I have been tube feeding him.  I ordered premature baby bottles from Amazon last night and they just showed up this afternoon, so tonight I will try and bottle feed him instead.  He is getting supplemented every two hours, which means not very much sleep for me.

This afternoon I think I got a good nap, when Nevada crashed and was snoring, I layed down on the cot in the puppy room and before I knew it I was out like a light.  I had some friends come by today and watch so I could take a shower, oh how that can make a person feel good. 

I hope everyone has a happy Easter, we got pictures today with my phone camera and I have been trying to figure out how to get those on the blog.  So tomorrow I will try again with my real camera.  New Pictures coming I promise.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment