Friday, February 24, 2017

Puppies have arrived!

This is going to be a short and sweet post, because I am exhausted but I know everyone wants to know what happened today.

Last night Nevada started signs of labor, all night she was panting and pacing and I thought for sure that we would start having puppies in the middle of the night.  That did not happen.  This morning I spoke with my vet and we decided to give her a bit more time to try and deliver them naturally and by 1pm I could tell she was in distress which meant the babies were as well.  Off we went and my vet did a c section this afternoon.  Nevada and her 7 babies - 5 boys and 2 girls are doing great.  All are suckling and she is being a great mom.

I will post more later, but I hear my pillow calling me, at least for a short nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment