Sunday, February 26, 2017

3 days old

Nevada and I are in a routine now, she is starting to eat and feeling better after her surgery.  Hard part about doing a c section is they don't feel well and don't want to eat afterwards.  Good nutrition is important to help the babies thrive and produce milk.  Nevada went through a day and a 1/2 of not wanting food.  She is now starting to want food, but I would like her to eat more than she is.  She does seem to like whatever I am eating so I have been fixing a plate for myself and pretty much feeding it all to her - I think I will call it I have a Nursing Bitch Diet - do you think it will catch on?

Puppies are all doing well and pretty much nurse and sleep, nurse and sleep.  I weigh them twice a day and they are all gaining, not a whole lot, but they are gaining so that is a good sign.  I am hoping today that Nevada's milk will really start to come in and we will see some big gains this evening.

I am trying to figure out how to get pictures from my phone onto the blog so if it works you can see some puppy pictures.  New phone and it takes awesome pictures, I just need to figure out how to use it.  The two girls are Yellow and Pink.  The boys are Teal, Green, Orange, Purple and Red.

No comments:

Post a Comment