Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I hate it when Work get's in the way

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I really needed to spend time in the office making sure that everything was running smoothly, and spending time with my employee's and answering their questions.   My dad stayed at the house so I could do this and when I got home, I was ready for a nap, one thing led to another and pretty soon the day was history.  I have a feeling there are going to be a lot more days like that in my future:)

All of the puppies except Teal Boy have their eyes open, it will still be a few days before they can actually see anything and it is funny to watch them wander around going in the wrong direction in search of the milk wagon.  They are also really getting up and walking around.  Poor Ivie really has to be careful when she comes in and out of the box now.  She gingerly steps around and doesn't put her weight down until she know she is not stepping on someone.

The other dogs are now well aware we have puppies in the house. Yesterday I learned that they have definitely become much more protective and pack mentality has kicked into full gear.  Yesterday I received a gift from a very dear friend of new puppy toys for the puppies.  It was delivered by UPS.  Puppies were sleeping and I was in the laundry room folding clothes when he arrived.  The dogs started to bark but I didn't really take much note of it because it wasn't a frantic barking, but they wouldn't be quiet.  So I looked out the window and didn't see anyone here.  I opened the front door so that Frodo and Brandy could go out and investigate and decide for themselves that they were being silly.  Well that wasn't the case.  My UPS driver was just leaving the front gate when I opened the door and both Frodo and Brandy rushed the door before I could stop them and were lunging at the gate as he was leaving.  They have NEVER done that before.  I was horrified at their behavior and apologized every which way but sideways to him.  He laughed and said they don't look like puppy's.  Commenting on the sign on my gate saying I have newborn puppies and to wash your hands before coming in.  Thankfully he has a good sense of humor but after talking with other breeders about this, they told me that the pack mentality kicks in and they will do what they think they need to do in order to protect those babies...good to know!  So if you are thinking of walking into my house unannounced you have been duly warned:)

No comments:

Post a Comment