Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Been Busy

Sorry for the delay in posting on the blog, but with so many visitors lately that takes away from the little bit of free time that I have to post and I hope you all understand.  I have thoroughly enjoyed having all of you come that have and it was especially nice to have my good friend Kim come in from Colorado for the weekend.

Kim is also a bernese breeder and it is always nice to hear new ideas or suggestions of what I can do to be a better breeder and prepare these babies for their new forever homes.  I also so appreciate her honesty, candor & have her validation on what a nice group of puppies that I have sitting in my living room right now.

This is going to be a very busy week, I have people coming to evaluate the puppies today and tomorrow.  The younger pups will have their temperament testing and I will be evaluating the puppies myself on Thursday.  I know some folks have asked if they can come and visit, but It is really going to be a busy week filled with people still coming to socialize pups, so I need to limit the amount of visitors that are coming and some of the babies will actually start going home on Saturday and possibly Sunday.  I still have puppy packets to get ready and contracts to finalize so having time to do that is going to be really necessary, I am actually starting to panic a little bit about not having time to get everything done.

Sunday I opened up the big back yard for the puppies, oh the exploring they have done, it is great for them to run and play in a big wide open area.  I moved the tunnel into that yard and they are finding sticks and dirt and all kinds of things to chew on.  Everyone is doing great, the hardest part is when I am alone and trying to separate the big puppies from the little puppies during food time outside.  At night in the house that is easy, I just move the little puppies back to the whelping room, but during the day and in the morning especially it is a challenge.  Every day I come up with a new way to make it work so they are having problem solving lessons on a daily basis and I have to say they are a pretty smart group of puppies.  Sorry I don't have a picture yet of them in the big yard, I will try and get one today for you.

Now I need to get their puppy play area cleaned up as it is raining and they are outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment