Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Snow!

Things have settled down mostly because we have snow, lots and lots of snow.  Yesterday I had 5 inches and it has snowed through the night and still snowing so I am not sure how much it is, but almost enough to lose a puppy in if you dropped them into it.

Saturday Erin came up to help me bath puppies, we washed Red, Hot Pink, Pink and Turquoise for Laura to come  and pick which puppy she wanted to keep.  After going over all the puppies she chose Red Girl who is now known as Lavender Hills Toast of the Town - call name Tipsy.    Tipsy and her mom flew to Arizona on Sunday and she was the hit of the airport.  Nothing fazed her and she met her new big brother and it was love at first site.

Erin spent the night since I was supposed to leave at 3am to take Blue boy to the airport for his flight to Ohio to the Stud Dog owner.  However Delta called to say they were cancelling all pet transport due to weather on Sunday.  So we bathed puppies instead, White Boy, Teal and Green and Lime boy to have them be ready for the next group of folks to come up and evaluate and pick their puppies.

Diane and Bruce and their daughter arrived Sunday afternoon to pick up White boy - now known as Lavender Hills The Bee's Knees which is a cocktail made from Lavender syrup.  His call name is Leo because they like the name.  They were super excited and happy and all went home when he was introduced to his big sister Luna.  I love hearing how these puppies are sleeping through the night and doing so well in their new homes.

My friends Kim and Debbie drove from Colorado to pick up their puppies.  Kim has Teal boy, now called Lavender Hills Top Shelf Single Malt - call name Macallan and Debbie had a very hard time deciding which puppy she want and ended up with Lime boy - his name is still to be determined.  Debbie and Kim also took Turquoise with them to her new mom that also lives in Colorado.  I will post more about that when she arrives.  Right now they are plowing through the snow storm trying to stay ahead of it with three babies, nerve wracking I am sure but they are experienced snow drivers and I have all the confidence in the world they will arrive home safe and sound.

The puppies got to play in the snow yesterday and I do mean play, oh my gosh, they had so much fun for about 30 minutes then they were cold and we had to bring them in, they are going stir crazy even though we only have 12 which is a much more manageable number, they want to be outside playing and it just needs to be managed so they don't get cold.

I still need to evaluate the Kenya babies on Thursday to determine if any are show potential or not and I know many of you are still waiting to hear from me if I will have a puppy for you and I cannot answer that.  I am trying to make the best choices based on the information I have for those puppies and their temperaments.  We are due to get another dose of snow over the next couple of days so I will continue to try and update you as I know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment