Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th Everyone!

4th of July and 4 Weeks old today - my I cannot believe how fast the time is flying by.  I will probably post more today as we are having the family get together at my house since I have the best entertainment of anyone.....PUPPIES!!!!  So I will have lots of hands to help with pictures today as well as doing toe nails, now if the Sun would just come out and cooperate it would be a perfect day.

I must tell you all how smart these puppies are.  I put a litterbox in their room yesterday and almost all of the puppies are already wanting to go into it.  Every once in a while, I catch someone doing their business in another part of the room and pick them up and put them in the box.  You will start to see lots of shavings in pictures because it seems to stick to everything...but it sure is cleaner and easier to do than newspapers.

Wow, what a  great day, the sun came out, it was nice for a change and guess who spent some time on the deck?  The puppies did awesome outside today.  Carol helped and we clipped everyone's toenails, they all had their pictures taken and of course I think each and every puppy climbed up in Chas' lap and fell asleep at one point or another.  That is going to be one very sad boy when these puppies go to their new homes.  He is so good with them and it is great to see them interact and play with him.  At one point today they were on the deck with Chas and my closest neighbor decided that he needed to let off some fireworks.  My dogs used to be great with fireworks, but not any more, thanks to my neighbors.  But what was really great was when they went off the puppies all stopped and looked in the direction of the noise then resumed doing what they were doing and when the next few rounds went off they all just ignored the noise.  This is great!  I was so worried that the loud noise of Fireworks would upset them but it didn't.  Unlike Gandalf and Brandy who both wanted to be in the house in mom's lap and please make those things go away.

My dad helped with 4 week old pictures today.  He is getting better at taking the pictures with my camera and I told him we needed to get good head shots today.  Unfortunately in the process he cut off some feet in the pictures.  If possible, I will see if we can redo them tomorrow, but have posted the new ones on this site for you tonight....pretty, pretty heads that is for sure!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww.....I'm in LOVE! They're all just adorable (even when they're gooey with gruel). The four-week photos are wonderful. It's hard to believe that they keep getting cuter and cuter. So cool to hear that they weren't phased by the fireworks. Good babies. Also love the way a few climbed in the crate to sleep with the stuffed animal. You're doing such an amazing job with their socialization Susan (and your dad and all of your "assistants").

    ReplyDelete