Monday, May 14, 2012

Whew it is Hot out there

We have had the coldest, wettest winters and now it looks like summer may grace us with her presence early.   The last three days have been absolutely beautiful.  Today I think it must have gotten up to 80 degrees on the back deck this afternoon.  Ivie has been able to stay cool and comfortable in her yard on the North Side of the house.  I have been fortunate in that my father has been working on an update to the deck (actually it will be a new puppy pen when completed) so he can keep an eye on her and the other dogs and she has him convinced that my bed is the coolest place on the property and it is her divine right to be on it.

The house was warm last night and she really did have a hard time settling down and getting comfortable.  I think those little babies are starting to get in her way of comfort.  But once I had her jump on the bed she calmed down and went to sleep.  Pretty soon I am going to have to find a stool or something so she can get on and off the bed easier....yes right now life is all about Ivie and making her comfortable and happy.  

However, if you asked her she would tell you that I am starving her to death.  She is so hungry and each week I have upped her food by 1/4 of a cup of kibble and she is now up to 4 cups of food a day.  I have had to start feeding her separately from the other dogs, she has started trying to steal Brandy and Frodo's food and I am afraid that someone is going to get hurt, so it is just easier to feed her separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment