Saturday, May 19, 2018

7 Weeks

I feel like I am always apologizing for taking longer to post than I would like....but it has been a very busy week for me at work and so by the time I am done at the office and come home and do what needs to be done with the puppies it 10pm and I am falling asleep over the computer practically and I just haven't been able to manage.

First off Lime girl is back to her normal self and doing awesome, running playing doing everything she did before without missing a beat and no limping so I am beyond relieved.  I was pretty sure she would be but there is always that nagging in the back of your mind - what if?

I kept the puppies in their confined outdoor space longer than I would have liked because I didn't want her overdoing it in the big yard.  I had expanded their area, put in a few new things that make noise when they walk on them and they have been doing well.

This weekend Dallas was entered in a Dog show in Lynden and my partner in crime for showing dogs had to work today, so that meant that Dallas was going to have to hang out with one of our friends that is a professional handler and sleep in a crate in her rig for the night.  He could do it, but I absolutely hate to do that to him and so Larena offered to stay at the house with the puppies while I came up after work yesterday, bailed him out and headed over to the hotel, where he promptly jumped on the bed and let me know how much he appreciated not sleeping in a crate.  After we show tomorrow then I will bring him back home with me and give Larena a big break.

But she just sent me a text that the puppies were bored and so she opened up the big yard and they are having a blast I am bummed that I am missing their first big adventure in the back yard, but I am sure that they are much happier with their new yard.  She said they are already going through the agility tunnel and having fun, so something to look forward to when we get home tomorrow.

Next week is going to be a very busy week.  Puppies will be getting evaluated by my friend Beth who is a Lab breeder on Wed morning.  Wed Afternoon they go into the vets office for their first set of shots and we will microchip the puppies.

Everyone wants to come and tell me their two cents worth on this litter and I keep a journal, I don't tell anyone what anyone else has said or what I am thinking and just let them tell me their thoughts.  So on Thursday my friend Cindy who shows Dallas wants to evaluate and Thursday afternoon my friend Lorraine who is a German Pincher breeder will come.  Friday the stud dog owner is coming up and doing it.  One puppy will leave with her on Friday and then on Saturday I have a friend who is just an amazing photographer and especially with puppies is coming up to take pictures.  I am thinking that puppies can start going on Saturday afternoon.

I will try and keep you posted as we progress through the week.  Lots of things happening that is for sure.

Oh Yeah if your wondering about the 7 weeks pictures they are up.  Not the best of pictures, I was limited on the help I had and if you are wondering what all the white stuff is on their noses.  it is cream cheese.  I was using it to get them to stand still on the table:)

No comments:

Post a Comment