Sunday, May 27, 2018

Starting to Leave the Nest

It has been a very busy few days and it didn't help that I lost my internet for 2 days.  Finally got it back this morning.

Friday was a big day,  Anne and Addy came up to evaluate the puppies and help take pictures.  You will see their 8 week pictures below.  Anne left with Lime Girl and delivered her to the Portland Airport where her new Mom - Joanne was waiting to meet her.  Her name is now Lavender Hills No Place Like Home and her call name is Kansas.  Kansas had fun in the airport chasing people down for puppy rubs and only was a bit fussy on the plane.  She now lives in Arizona with her big Brother Sigen and I expect her to keep them both very busy.

After she left, Larena and I gave the rest of the puppies baths for their big photo shoot on Saturday morning.  To say we were both exhausted afterwards is an understatement.

Saturday morning we were up bright and early.  Lisa arrived at about 9 am with her car piled full of props and fun stuff to take pictures.  We chased puppies around, and she left around noon with over 1000 pictures taken for the day.  She is still editing them and as I get them I will send them to the individual owners of the puppies.

The picture above is of Blue boy - who is going to be staying here at the house.  I fell in love with him about 4 weeks ago and I just couldn't stand the thought of not keeping him.  So his name is now Lavender Hills Show Me the Money - Call name is Cuba.  I hope that Cuba can follow in his Grandpa's footsteps and keep me proud.

Today we had two families come.  One decided that the puppy wasn't the right fit for her and what she had hoped to do with him and I totally respect her decision.  Mr. Red wasn't a show dog in my opinion but she had her heart set on him and really wanted to see for herself, and agreed with me that there will be another puppy in the future, and if she wasn't totally in love then she needed to wait and that is what she has decided.    This has made made another person very happy and she will be coming tomorrow along with another family to pick up Yellow Boy.

Green Boy just left about an hour ago for a long drive back home to Corvallis with his new mom Haley.  His new name is Lavender Hills Hey Mr Wilson and his call name is Wilson.  Haley is a Vet at OSU and I know he is going to have a wonderful home.  I am hoping he doesn't cry too much on the way home, as that is a long trip for the little guy.

Nevada has watched Kansas and Wilson leave and she doesn't seem too upset.  I think it is important for her to see her babies leave so that she doesn't go looking for them.    I did reduce their space in the living room so I can actually sit on the couch now, since there are four puppies instead of 6 and I added a large crate so that hopefully Cuba can get used to it since that is where he will be sleeping at night once his brothers and sisters are all gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment