Monday, May 7, 2018

Note to Self.....

Oh Boy it has been a very busy weekend.  Lots of guest at the house and the puppies are just thriving.    Yesterday my good friend Cindy and her son Brandon came over.  Cindy shows my dogs for me and just fell in love with the puppies.  She helped me do some stacked pictures of the puppies.  I usually never do this to 5 week old puppies because over the years I have found they change so much between 5 weeks and 8 weeks it isn't worth trying to puppy wrestle them.  But Cindy wanted to do it, so we did.  What we got were some great pictures and she felt overall this was a very consistent litter and she has her favorite that she is keeping her eye on for me. 

They got their first taste of string cheese and some dehydrated duck for their efforts and Cindy may have a few new piercings in her fingers for all of her efforts.  Later she lay on the deck and had the whole group crawling all over her.

Today my son showed up wearing a baseball cap, a couple of the puppies were not sure why his face looked so funny, so this was another good thing for them to learn.  One of the reasons I love having people come over, all shapes, sizes, voices and smells.  One of my friends told me that she once had a dog totally freak out because a man had a baby on a backpack on his back and the dog thought it was a 2 headed person.  So now I am on a mission to find such a person, if you know of someone that can help me with this task, send them my way, it will be good for the puppies.

Tonight I opened up their little exercise area so they have another x pen attached giving them more grass to romp and play in.  I have added a ramp to go down into the yard, since I need them to learn how to walk up and down the ramp, the step going into the big yard is a big one and I don't like the puppies jumping off of it, so I figure if they can learn how to walk up and down the ramp then we can move to the big yard.  Right now Pink girl is the star.  She is so smart, she is also the only one that always pees and poops out in the yard and if she is indoors at night, it is always on the puppy pad.  I would say the others are about 50% of the time on both the ramp and the peeing part:)

I would also like to say note to self.... Never debone a chicken and then go and play with puppies without washing your hands first.  The results are not pretty, I am surprised I can even type this, my fingers hurt so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment