Sunday, May 13, 2018

Happy Mothers Day

Even though this picture is a week old, I thought it was kind of appropriate for Mother's day.  Wishing everyone a very happy and special day.

Nevada is still being an awesome mom, she continues to let the little sharks nurse off of her and is watching over them whenever I am off doing something like mowing the lawn.  She is still trying to get them to play with her and I think that will happen in the next day or so.

Lime girl is continuing to improve every day.  She is running and playing with the other puppies, She limps every once in a while, usually right after she wakes up.  So I do think this is more of a muscle or soft tissue injury just based on how she is acting.

Yesterday I was able to go out to our local health food store and they had fresh butcher bones, I picked up four for the babies as that is all they had left, they go really fast and thought a couple of them were larger and puppies could share.  Well they LOVED them and sharing was not what they wanted to do.  Lime and Red ended up with theirs alone as any time one of the other pups came they got pretty defensive about their bone.  Pink and Green shared and yellow and blue shared just fine.  I let them chew on them for 5 minutes then picked them up and will bring them out again today.  My dad is going to stop by Sunny Farms today and see if they have two more, so that we don't start world war three.  If not I will have Larena stop on Monday and pick up two more on her way to the house.

Normally at this stage I would have opened up the big back yard to the puppies, but because lime is not all together well yet, I want to keep them in their puppy environment.  I pulled out two more x pens and made their area bigger, so it actually a good sized area now.  I also brought out a pop up shade canapy to give them extra shade in the grass.  I brought in a plastic tarp yesterday and did you know they make a lot of noise, especially when you have four puppies pulling it from each direction, it was great fun.  I am going to see if I can find a little kiddy pool for them to fill with water as long as the weather is as nice as it has been.

Last night in the middle of the night, don't ask me how, but pink girl managed to get her head stuck underneath the couch.  At 2 am I hear a puppy screaming and thought for sure it was Lime girl, but no she and the rest of the puppies are looking as dazed and confused as I was.   I hear Pink and I see her butt and back but no head.  I pulled on her but she wasn't budging.  I actually had to lift the couch to get her head out.  How she managed to do this, I have no idea, hopefully it doesn't happen again.  In the meantime, I see a nap in my Sunday afternoon future.  That is after I have finished mowing the lawn and given two dogs baths, by then I will need a nap:)


No comments:

Post a Comment