Tuesday, May 29, 2018

And Then They All Went Home

Monday morning Mr Yellow went with his new Dad Jarrod Alcaida and his partner Chad Harr to Live on Fox Island.  Jarrod shows Pygmy Goats and was so excited to come and pick up Finn that is Yellow Boy's new Name.  Lavender Hills Take What You Can Give Nothing Back.  I expect Finn to have the most amazing life with his two dads living on the farm with Gigi the Corgi and Monkey the Affenpincher.

Then Right after Finn Left, Red Boy's new Mom Kathy DeHart drove up from the Portland Area to pick him up.  Kathy is an experienced berner mom with two other dogs in her house and wanted a dog to do performance stuff.  Rally, Obedience, Drafting.  She has named him Forrest - Lavender Hills Life is a Box of Chocolates.  I am sure I will get to see Forrest a bunch in my travels and I wish Kathy and Steve the Best with that sweet baby boy.

After they had left, Cuba and Pink Girl were kind of lonely.  I brought them into the house and let them mix with the big dogs under careful supervision.  Last night they both slept in the crate together and didn't have any accidents, I was so proud.

This morning Pink's Dad - Walter drove up from Portland to pick her up with his son Kevin.  Pink is now going to be called Emma and I think that name just fits her perfectly.  Walter wanted to call her Lavender Hills Emma Von Raron which doesn't go with the movie theme but I told him that was OK.  I know she will have him wrapped around her little paw in no time.  

I would be lying if I didn't say I cried a bit when she left, I had been doing so well with all the puppies but it just hit me that they were all gone and I already miss them, so keep the pictures and information coming because I just loved these puppies to death.  I know they all have amazing homes and each and every one of the families is special in there own ways and I think the puppies that have been placed are exactly where they need to be.

Cuba has been given freedom in the back yard now that everyone is gone.  I opened up the deck and he has been hanging out with his mom and Kenya this morning & Mom and Grandpa this afternoon.  Gandalf is in a foul mood tonight so I am keeping him away.  I think he is grumbling about having another puppy in the house and those damn little sharp teeth.  Vegas has gotten to play with extra supervised play time.  She just doesn't realize how big or exuberant she gets and I don't want her hurting him.

I guess this is it for not until the next litter comes - 

No comments:

Post a Comment