Wednesday, May 7, 2014

All is Well on the home front

There hasn't been much to write about so I didn't yesterday - sorry if I disappointed anyone.  Mom's milk is here and the puppies are reaping the benefits.  All have surpassed their original birth weight and I wouldn't be surprised if we don't have our first 2 pound puppy by tomorrow morning - anyone care to guess who that will be?  I will give you a hint - one of the boys.

A couple of the puppies are getting pigment on their noses and I do believe I am going to have to trim toenails today as they are starting to get long.

Addy and I are in a routine - I go to bed around 10pm and get up at 6 and she goes to bed at 7 and gets up around 2 or 3 - this is much nicer puppy rearing than trying to do it all by yourself.  Have I mentioned how much I love having Addy here?

My good friend and Collie breeder Mary came by yesterday to see the puppies.  She thought they all looked wonderful.  She is very happy for me that I have seven girls to choose from, especially since this is Ivie's last litter.  She likes Silver and Red the best based on what you can at this age.  We noticed that little gold girl is starting to get some black pigment in her white blaze, either that or someone has gotten her nose dirty somehow.

Ivie fell asleep after Mary left in the whelping box and didn't move from 3pm to 9pm when I basically woke her up and encouraged her to go outside for some fresh air and to get some nourishment.  This morning she has been looking for a place to dig and I secretly think she is hoping to move the whole crew outside - not happening sweetheart.

The puppies sense of smell is getting amazing - when she comes into the whelping box they all start stirring and crying out for her, I am going to have to try and take a video of it and see if I can post it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment