Friday, April 13, 2018

2 Weeks

Where has the time gone - hard to believe they are already two weeks old.  I swear they are changing and getting stronger by the hour.  Eyes are opening, yesterday they were little slits, today they are a little more open than yesterday and I am sure by Sunday they should be open all the way.  They are getting up on all fours and walking, this morning it was more like a wobble, this afternoon Red was making more progress and by tonight I swear they are almost running to mom when she comes in the box.

Today my house sitter has moved in for the rest of the duration.  Lorena loves the dogs and they love her, she is moving back to Sequim and  her new apartment won't be ready until the end of the month, so I told her she could stay with me until it is ready.  It is a big help for me and I worry about my dad and his ability to get around as the pups get busier, last thing I need is for him to lose his balance and fall and break something.  Lorena has a cat named Tigger and he is also great with the dogs.  I think it will be good for the pups to see a cat and this morning he climbed in the whelping box and checked them all out, they all sniffed and realized he wasn't mom and Nevada was just fine with him being there.  My cat used to teach all the pups about cats, but she crossed the rainbow bridge last winter at 17 1/2 years of age, so having Tigger here is nice.

Tomorrow we will take new pictures and get them up on the blog for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment