Sunday, April 29, 2018

Who needs a Living Room when You can have a puppy Room instead

My living room has been made into a puppy play room and the puppies are so happy with their new digs.  After the initial howling and screaming wondering why they could see their mom through the x pens but couldn't get to her, they eventually calmed down and started to explore.

Pink girl found the crate that is tucked into the side of the couch, it hasn't been touched since the last set of puppies and one does not realize how much dust can accumulate in one of those things until you have a puppy go and roll around in it and come out looking like a dust ball.  Good thing is she cleaned most of the dust out, bad thing, it was all over her.

I had the TV on most of the day yesterday for extra noise, at some point during a fixer upper show on HGTV - green realized that the TV was going and started barking his head off at it.  He was not happy with the hammering I guess but I just laughed and told him that was nothing, wait until the real handiman shows up hammering and making noise here at the house.

I do like to have my handiman come and do things while I have puppies, I figure the hammering, sawing and general banging and clanging of whatever is good for them and Richard is planning on coming up this week I believe, so we shall how they handle that or if Richard gets any work done or just spends his time playing with puppies, it is a toss up.

Gandalf my 10 1/2 year old berner takes this all in stride.  His dog bed is just outside of the puppy play area.  He was laying there minding his own business when Red boy realized that it wasn't his mom sleeping on that bed.  He looked at him as if to say, you look like mom but you don't smell  like her, who are you then proceeded to bark at him and give him the what for.  Gandi just looked at me as if to say, really mom, I have to put up with this when I am trying to sleep, could you please make it go away.

We had visitors yesterday, of course my dad and Chaz came up, they actually helped me put up the puppy area in the morning and then Jerrod and Chad came bringing some new toys which were a major hit.  I always enjoy meeting my puppy people and talking about the puppies and what to expect from Bernese Mountain Dogs, yesterday was delightful and I look forward to the relationships I am creating with these new babies.    Our visitors for today just called to cancel due to sickness, but I am sure some of my friends will come up sometime during the day.  I believe in pretty much an open door policy, it is good for the puppies to meet as many new people as they can.

Enjoy the pictures, not the best of them and I was hoping that Cindy could help me today but she had to cancel, so this will have to do for a few days.  It is going to be another rainy day, so the pups will be indoors again.

No comments:

Post a Comment