Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Heaven Has a New Angel - Peanut

This has been a tough morning - during the night she continued to thrive, I fed her twice and she was doing great.  This morning I put her on the heating pad, which is what I have been doing whenever I leave her alone and let Nevada out to do her business and feed the other dogs.  I then throw towels in the dryer to warm them up and fix her food and go and feed her, when I got back to the whelping room, she didn't look right, her body was limp and lifeless.  I tried and tried to revive her, Nevada tried to nudge her, licked her and after about a half an hour I knew she was gone and there was nothing more I could do.   I really thought she would make it, but my vet told me today, that sometimes with little ones like this we really don't know if their internal parts are working correctly and more than likely there was something else going on that we couldn't see.  I know I did everything I could and I knew it would be a struggle but I wasn't about to give up on her.

I also didn't realize until she was gone, how much of my focus had been on her and how much time she took.  Nevada and I both crashed this afternoon, her snoring put me out for the count and I think that was the most sleep I have gotten in one session since they were born.  She required constant watching, making she she didn't get squished, was warm, was eating and she cried and moaned a lot, I didn't realize how much until she was no longer with us.

Today I was able to really focus on the other puppies, I did take pictures, not the best, but I haven't had anyone come over to help and we will get better ones on Friday for sure for their one week photo's.  As you can see some of the pigment is coming in on noses.  I had to put a different color collar on flower girl, that ribbon was just not good - so she is now Lime girl.  Green boy likes to bark and it is so cute to hear.  All of the babies are gaining weight and doing well. 

They had their dew claws removed yesterday, so that is behind us and now we can start to focus and move forward.  Nevada has decided she likes raw meat.  I spent $75 at the store today on Meat and hoping this gets me through until a raw food order I made comes to the house on Friday.  Whatever it takes:)

Looking forward to hopefully a good night sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment