Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Good Morning

This morning I am moving on the slow side.  Last night, I was rushing down the hall to let Charlee in the house, one of my rugs slipped out from under me and I came crashing down on my left hip and wrist.  Nothing broken, but I am sure the bruise when it pops up in a couple of days is going to be all kinds of pretty.  Of course this is my left hip, which is the side I lay on to watch the puppies from the day bed, so last night was a rough night for sure.  Aleve is my best friend right now and waiting for it to kick in so that I can make my way into the office, at least for a little while.

The puppies are all doing what I like to call the drunken sailor walk, they get up on all fours and totter around trying to figure out how to put one foot in front of the other and move in a forward direction, it is quite cute.  Green and Red Boys this morning are starting to show a sliver of an eyeball peeping out, so the others should follow suit and I would expect by this weekend they should all be open.

Green boy is the talker, he barks and growls, it is quite hilarious to listen to him tell his momma that he is hungry and she should be making her way into the whelping box.  He is a smart one.  He knows that when he talks she comes, not too bad for a puppy that is 12 days old.

Nevada is being an incredible mom, I wouldn't expect less, she was good with her last litter and her mom was an amazing mom so it runs in the genes.  Yesterday, dad said she was in the whelping box from about 11am to 3pm he kept trying to coax her out but she was perfectly content to be with her babies.  They are super clean and I have yet to see a wet pee spot or poop from them as she cleans them long before they can do it on their own, which at this point they should be able to do, I just haven't been able to witness it, because she takes such good care of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment