Monday, April 16, 2018

Weekends just are not Long Enough

I hated having to go back to work this morning, getting to hang out with puppies all weekend was the absolute best and it was just not in my wheelhouse to go to the office this morning, but it had to be done.  Larena is staying at the house now, so I know they are in excellent hands while I am at work, she adores them, loves on them and makes sure that Nevada doesn't step on one when coming in and out of the whelping box, but I doubt that will ever happen. 

Some girls are not very careful around their babies, that is not the case with Nevada, she is so good, so careful, she comes into the whelping box as if walking on egg shells, gently and carefully putting down each and every foot,  Now that they are getting more active, their sense of smell is getting better and they are up and scurrying in seconds when she is in, she usually stands at the front, lets them all scurry towards her, then she hops over to the other side and quickly lays down.  Sometimes she cannot get down fast enough and then we remove the puppies from her and give her the chance to lay down and they immediately attach themselves to her once again.

The Puppies are all gaining in leaps and bounds.  They are moving around better by the hour and are now pretty much all walking and there is still some wobbeling with the movement but for the most part they are going in a forward direction.  All of their eyes are open and I have to say that these pups have the darkest eyes I think I have yet to see on any of my pups.  I am fortunate that my lines have nice dark eyes, which I believe comes from my foundation bitch Ivie (Nevada's mom).  Usually when puppies eyes are just opening their is a film and they look kind of grey, not these guys, they look black so I am thinking they are all going to have nice dark eyes, which is much prettier and pleasing to the eye than yellow or light brown eyes.

Nevada was very happy to have me home from work today and the first place I needed to be was in the whelping box with her and her babies.  I got puppy kisses and could just smell the puppy breath, I know that is mean, but I swear it is the best feeling in the world and nothing can make you happier than cuddling and loving on the babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment