Saturday, April 28, 2018

4 Weeks Already

Hard to believe that half my time with these babies has already passed and before I know it they will be going to their new homes.  Each day it continues to amaze me at how much they grow and develop and watching their little minds work is so much fun.

Last week the weather was so nice and the puppies got a taste of the big world, yesterday and of course this weekend when I have time to be home, it is supposed to rain and be typical miserable northwest weather, which means it is still too cold for them to be outside.  I have been looking at my living room as I sit and drink my coffee this morning and I think it is time to turn it into a daytime puppy room at least as long as the weather is crappy.  I think I can roll up my area rug, put down a tarp and use some x pens to protect the couch and then that way they can be part of the day to day, chaos at the house.  They need to have the noise and stimulation so they are well socialized.  The million dollar question is can I get this all done before the next set of visitor's show up at noon today:)  We shall see, if not I may put them to work to help.

Lime girl is still up to her antics, I have a cut out in the whelping box to make it easy for mom to go in and out, as the puppies get bigger and figure out how to escape their confinement we put in 2 inch boards up the opening to make it more difficult to escape.  I have had one board in for the past three days, well Lime girl made her way out last night when Mark and Mary were here visiting.  Apparently she felt that it was her turn to be in Mark's lap and out she went.  So now I have a second 2 inch board in the opening, which makes it really hard for Nevada to get in and out, but she let's me know when she wants in and we play a game of getting all the puppies to come into one corner so she can hop in, then they realize mom is there and all heck breaks out.  They have found their voices that is for sure, but they are sleeping through the night which is very nice.

Well I better get my butt in gear if I am going to rearrange my living room before puppy folks arrive.  I will get pictures today and get those up for you tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment