Sunday, April 8, 2018

Rolly Pollies

I have now started calling them the Rolly Pollies because they are all very fat little puppies.  When mom comes into the whelping box their little noses go up in the air and they air scent mom, then the boot, scoot and boogie to the milk bar happens, they usually all end up there at the same time and then scramble on top of each other for a nipple, one or two will get knocked off and they roll down the remaining puppies with their little feet up in the air, two fat to get right side up and scream and make a ruckus, then they right themselves, climb back up and roll back down.  It really is quite hilarious and I know I am a mean mom, but it's always good for a chuckle. 

Green boy likes to come in through the back door, between momma's back legs but half the time he doesn't make it all the way and then screams bloody murder that their's no milk - no green boy there is no milk at the back of your momma's legs.  I always find Blue boy and put him on the best nipple while the others are all scrambling, that is because he is the smallest, not because I am playing favorites.  Eventually they all find a nipple, drink until they are comatose and fall asleep.  That pretty much sums up life around here.  Eat, Sleep and be Happy.

Yesterday my dad and Chaz came and watched the puppies so I could go to the dog food and regular food store.  Nevada has decided that she likes raw food and so that is what she is getting, along with some other stuff, I just keep trying to get as much food into her as I possibly can these days.  While it was nasty and wet all over the rest of Washington, it was actually not too bad here.  After feeding the pups, Nevada likes to go outside to cool off.  I have to keep the house warmer than normal for the puppies, especially at night, so the dogs are wanting to be outside more than they normally would.  She goes and lays on the puppy deck next to my home office and if she wants in she can give me the look and I can let her in.  We seem to have a good routine down and I am not looking forward to going to work next week, but I have to.  Pups will be watched by my dad, who has helped me raise the last 5 litters.  He loves the puppies and is a tremendous help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment