Monday, December 16, 2019

Can you say mayhem

Today was the day, the day that all the puppies got to be together.  They had been eyeing each other between the gates and when my son and his girlfriend Erin showed up today, he felt that they needed to be together.  So we took down the barrier and let chaos ensue.  Everyone had to check out the other pups areas, we opened up the fencing to add extra room and Mr. Orange at one point thought he saw an opening to escape.  He kept going back to the spot hoping and praying that it would be the case but alas it was not to happen.

Some of the big puppies were bullies at first and liked the fact that little puppies cried out like squeaky toys.  With three of us watching we could distract them and give them a real toy to play with instead of chomping down on the little ones.  I will say that Turquoise and Brown were able to give it back just as easily as the big pups and eventually they were sleeping on each other, well most of them.  There is always that one puppy that cannot settle down - Orange, did I say that?  Yes orange boy is always the last one to fall asleep.

I spent the afternoon at work and then had to run out and try and find more formula, since my order hasn't arrived yet and we are down to not having enough for the next 24 hours.  When I came home, it made my heart soar, to see both Vegas and Kenya in the pen together with each other's puppies drinking from them.  Neither seemed to care who was drinking and they were both cleaning and caring for whomever they could reach.  I knew this would be the case, but until you actually see it for the first time, well it brought tears to my eyes.  Love, Love, Love my girls - they are amazing and the puppies will all benefit from having two moms instead of one.

John worked hard on the outside puppy area, bleaching the deck and getting it ready for pups, unfortunately looks like we have some wet weather coming in so not sure when they will ever get to go outside, but it is nice to know that it is ready when the time is right.

John and Erin took a gazillion pictures today which I haven't downloaded yet, but today's picture is a picture of pink girl I took yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment