Monday, December 23, 2019

Spa Day

Yesterday my good friend Terri and her husband showed up at the house early in the morning for a spa day for the puppies.  Terri just asked that I had coffee, which I promised I did and wouldn't give her goats milk, I promised. 

I always love it when folks show up for the first time, walk into my front door and it's the same expression and "OH MY GOD"  when they see all the puppies.  Then they cannot wait to get in and start petting and playing with them.  This was Rick's response yesterday when he came to the house.

I have to say it was so nice of them to come, Terri breeds Golden Retrievers, she took one look at me, still in my PJ's and no coffee yet and took charge.  I have to say, it was so nice, I knew she knew what she was doing and for once it was just nice to not have to make any decisions.  They brought towels, I supplied the shampoo, she sat down and started trimming toenails and then proceeded to wash all of the puppies.  Rick, Larena, Christopher and I all worked on drying puppies.  It was a fun day, lots of laughter and having nice clean puppies at the end of the day was so nice. 

After they left, my vet asked me to bring Orange boy in at 2pm - again on a Sunday so that she could look him over.  We did x rays and she looked him over really well.  Determined nothing was broken, he is just very sore and more than likely was stepped on my either Vegas or Kenya.  She said to keep him away from the others as much as possible as rest was what he needed the most.

By the time I got home, it was 3pm and I realized I had not stopped moving since early in the day and I hadn't eaten anything either.  It was very nice having Christopher here, so that I could make myself some lunch and just relax for a few minutes.

Today, I went into the office for a little bit, then had to go out and purchase Dog Food and more chicken from Costco - Costco on the 23rd of December at 4 pm is not the place you want to be if you are in a hurry to get home.  I swear all of Sequim was there and if they weren't in Costco they were in Safeway, like they had Christmas plans or something.  A good friend of mine ran into me at Costco and just laughed at me - He said I looked like hell - Gee Thanks Ben, I guess maybe I should do better at trying to not look like a Walmart Shopper that you see on Facebook and here I thought I was doing pretty good - I actually took a shower today and didn't have puppy poop on me, at least I didn't think I did. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment