Sunday, December 29, 2019

Lots of Visitors

Sorry for the lack of posting, we have had quite a few visitors the last two days and I am just now having an opportunity to sit down and write.  Visitors are so good for the puppies.  Everyone reacts and plays with the puppies in a different way.  Different voices, sizes, ways of petting, picking up, funny noises, scritches, you name it, each person does something different and it all helps socialize and create better puppies.

These pups have great reactions to people, they are not fearful in any way shape or form.  When the big dogs bark, they stop what they are doing look and then carry on with what they were doing.  I am not sure if it is the sheer number of puppies that has helped or the great genes that they all have, but as a breeder I could not be more proud to watch how they interact with new things, sounds and noises.

They are also getting so big, when I first brought them out to my living room I thought they looked so small in the space I had set up for them.  Now I look at the space and think it looks too small for them, but there is just no way I can make it bigger without rearranging all of my furniture and that is just not going to happen.  I did make their outside area larger today so they have a lot more room to run and play.  This is important for their development and of course Vegas is super excited and happy with the new surroundings because now she feels like she can play with the puppies.

Today she was bowing and playing with them.  They were biting and barking at her, I just love watching this interaction.  At one point someones head was entirely in her mouth and she was just holding the puppy down as if to say "see, teeth hurt you need to be more gentle".  This is a great learning lesson for the babies and I know it freaks some people out, but mom will teach them more about bite inhibition than I can ever do.

We are working with the toothbrush more on their nails and have started to integrate some new foods into their diet which they are pretty excited about and their bowls are squeaky clean at the end of meals.  I am still keeping the little pups separated from the big pups at meal time so that they have a chance to actually get some food.  Today I also introduced my Weaner Feeder for the big pups.  This is a carrier that holds four individual bowls and I have two of them.  This teaches the pups to eat out of individual bowls instead of the round bowls we have been using.  It is a way to make sure that each pup gets the right amount of food and the bigger ones are not eating the majority of the food.  I will try and take a picture of them eating out of it so you can see.

The Seahawk Game is on - so time to go yell at the TV and add another thing for the pups to get used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment