Friday, December 27, 2019

Super Mom

Yesterday the place where I have been getting my pine pellets from was out and so I got shavings instead.  Oh My God, what a freakin mess that is.  The puppies think its great, lets see how far we can spread it, it's soft and sticks in their fur and in 20 short minutes they have spread it from one end of the puppy play area to the other.  Cleaning it is going to be fun and I see my shop vac going into overtime tomorrow morning or this afternoon if I can find some pine pellets somewhere else in town.

I hate the pellets because the puppies chew on them, but they have been doing so well going to their box to potty, at least for poop, we still miss the mark when peeing, somehow having your two front feet in the box when you do the business is being in the box in their little minds.

Yesterday they spent a good majority of the day outside and they loved it.  It was cold but they didn't seem to mind and as they started to fade off, especially the younger ones, we brought them in, we fed the little ones outside as well yesterday and that was good so they could go poop and pee right after they ate.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we can have more days like that for the pups, at least I will get to use my new 32 degree shirts from Costco for something as I sit outside with them trying not to freeze.

The puppies are growing so much and when you pick them up they make the best grunting sound, it cracks me up, pink and teal have the best sounds.  Lady Bug is no longer the smallest, she is growing like a weed as well, she still gets cold fast and can't be outside for long but she is holding her own and yesterday I saw her pick a fight with one of the big boys and she was winning, she may be small but she is mighty.

Yesterday I also picked up an electric toothbrush to start playing with their feet so they get used to a noisy thing touching their toes.  I like to use a dremel on my dogs to do their toenails and most groomers do as well.  This way they are getting used to the vibration and the noise touching their toes.  Most of them could care less as I was doing it.  A couple were not having anything to do with it, but they will be getting double doses until they no longer care either.

I also managed to lose my crown on Christmas day and my dentist is closed until Monday, so if you see me or talk to me in the next couple of days I am missing one of my front teeth and boy is that a weird feeling, but I honestly I am just happy to be upright these days and it's not like I am the only person that has ever lost a crown.

We also did pictures yesterday of the puppies so I will work on adding them to the side bar for you.  Today's picture is of Vegas being supermom!  Kenya has decided she has had enough of these hooligans and she will feed them if she has to, but she really doesn't want to and does everything she can to stay away from them.  Vegas on the other had does everything she possible can to be with them, she is trying to feed them all, mother them all and is starting to play with them.  She really is being supermom and reminds me so much of her Grandmother Ivie,  I even called her Ivie the other day, she is just like her and loves her babies and Kenya's too.

No comments:

Post a Comment