Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Save the Washer

I have been trying to figure out how to reduce the amount of washing I am doing to prevent wear and tear on my washer and dryer and not overwhelm my septic system.  So Monday Night I went to Home Depot and picked up some colorful matting that pieces together, they didn't have enough for the entire puppy area, but at least had enough for half.  Yesterday morning it took me almost all morning to get it put together in such a way that the puppies couldn't eat the edges of it and that seemed to work really well. 

You can hear the little pitter patter of feet going across it and if you are fast and can pick up the poop before they manage to spread it from here to eternity all is well.  The bigger pups are really doing well with the poop boxes - well some of them.  Pink girl seems to think that I opened up the area just for her and the second poop box is her own personal bed, which makes it hard for the others to get in and actually use it for what it was intended for.  Some of the littles are doing well with it as well.  I have learned that when they wake up stand in the middle and run around and pick them up and put them in the poop boxes as soon as they look like they are going to do their business.  If not have paper towels in hand and pick it up and put in the Amazon box.

My Friend Susan came over to help yesterday so I could go out and get supplies.  As I was leaving her instructions she said "So basically I just need to keep picking up poop and putting it in the Amazon box"  Yep!  That's the plan.  She offered to take said box and re-tape it for her son to put on his doorstep in Seattle for the next porch pirate, ewwww.

I picked up more bedding and stopped at Home Depot on my way home and low and behold they had more of the matting out - so this morning I am going to try and finish the whole area for them.  At least it will be fun and colorful for the puppies and I think they are getting good footing on it.

Mom's are both doing well and when they go in - it is a frenzy to get to the nearest nipple.  Puppies don't care which mom they get they just go to the nearest one.  Mom's don't care which puppies they have and just nurse and clean what is closest to them.  It really is a beautiful sight to see these two girls working together for the welfare of all the babies.  Lady bug is the only one that is having a problem getting to a nipple, so I have started to take her out and have Kenya lay on the dog bed so that she can have her own one on one time with mom.  She is just too little to compete with her brothers and sisters, let alone her big cousins.

Larena is coming today so I can actually go to work for a couple of hours and I know she will be surprised at how much they have all grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment