Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Lots of Transitions

Larena left yesterday and I am very sad to see her go, but we will manage.  My son came in the afternoon which allowed me to spend a few hours at the office working.  When I got back home, I think I spent the majority of the evening planning ahead for what was to happen in the evening.

It was a long day yesterday, Larena had woken me at 3am and I didn't take a nap, by the time I did the evening meal with the big puppies, gave the little pups a top off on the bottle and fed Vegas and Kenya it was 1130 at night.  I moved back into my spare bedroom (where Larena had been staying) and put the big pups back in the whelping box for the night, changed the bedding out front so when they woke in the morning I could put them in a clean area and proceeded to drop off into lala land.  I was so tired.

I left the girls in the house and at about 2am I think they wanted out.  I didn't hear a puppy squeak until 8am this morning.  One of the reasons this is so late getting out to everyone.  I have been rushing around this morning trying to feed everyone and I think I have it almost under control. 

Kenya pups are doing so well and I am starting to feel some teeth come through.  I no longer have them on the homemade formula and have switched them over the commercial brand so that when I start them on mush it will be an easier transition for them.  they are starting to really motor around the whelping box and I am curious to see who the first escapee will be, although they don't seem as interested in getting out of the whelping box as Vegas' babies did.

Vegas pups are loving the new bigger area in the living room.  They are sometimes using the poop bin I have for them and if I see them searching for a place to poop, I pick them up and put them in it.  I ended up changing the mixture to mostly pine pellets with a bit of alfalfa pellets.  My house was smelling like a barn and I decided a few of the alfalfa would give them the idea of grass and the pine smells much better overall.

I gave John my camera to take pictures yesterday, that is always interesting to see what he will come up with.  Today's photo is someone's foot, not sure who though.

I will continue to get myself on a routine and hoping I can get some work done from home today:)

No comments:

Post a Comment