Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Merry Christmas Eve

Wow!  Hard to believe it is already Christmas Eve, these pups are getting so big and full of themselves, this is the fun stage, big pups are 5 1/2 weeks and littles are 4 1/2 weeks and I am starting to see little personalities develop.

This morning was frosty and cold, so after feeding pups in their boxes, we took the big ones outside for a little bit while I worked on cleaning the puppy play area.  Oh Boy did they like that crunchy cold grass.  Vegas was feeling her oats and started to play with them.  I LOVE this stage when momma is teaching them how to play, it is so much fun and I could have sat out there on the cold grass in my pj's forever if it wasn't for the fact that I knew I had to get things cleaned up. 

I think it is a tie between the two pinks on which one is the sassiest and has the most spunk.  Hot Pink is the smarter of the two and figures things out faster, she is the first one to use the ramp outside and is always the first one to come and get petted when the opportunity comes up.  Pink is just trouble with a capital T!  She is the one that is picking fights and this morning she was telling her momma a thing or two I was just cracking up.  I tell you those girls are something else and will definitely be going into experienced homes that know how to channel that energy.

We took the little pups out for a few minutes and again they loved that crunchy grass, Turquoise is starting to also be a little miss sassy pants and it will be fun to see if she continues on the path of her cousins.  Lady bug is always the first to get cold and we don't have her out for very long, she doesn't have the long coat that the other pups have and is perfectly content to be held in someone's arms or come into the house and have the play area to herself.

Orange boy is doing much better, he was getting around outside pretty well, still limping but at least he is putting weight down now on the sore foot, so I think he will be just fine.  Maybe a bit of a drama queen but he will be ok.

I would like to wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas filled with Love and a chance to spend time with your family.  This is probably the quietest Christmas I have ever had without a single decoration out, but that is ok - 17 beautiful puppies is the best Christmas present ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment