Saturday, December 14, 2019

Heaven has a new Angel.

The last few days Mint girl has been crying out more than in the past.  I had planned on taking her into the vets office today to see if there was something going on that I wasn't aware of.  It seems there was and sometime during the night last night she passed away.  I don't  know the cause, whether she had a seizure, if her heart stopped, if somehow Kenya squished her in the night.  I will never know the cause, but I feel that sometimes mother nature knows best and I have to believe that things happen for a reason.

I can also say with all honesty that this has taken a huge toll on Kenya.  the last week has been hard on her.  Every time mint cried out or screamed, Kenya would look at me as if to ask for me to fix the problem and make her better.  She didn't want to spend as much time in the whelping box as I would have liked.  However today she has seemed much more relaxed and is actively wanting to be with her puppies again, so I do think she is at peace with this as well.

This morning was tough for me, but I poured myself into re-organizing the living room and making two puppy pens.  It was a challenge and I don't have enough panels for what I wanted to do, but with some improvising and bringing in a crate I have made it work.  My house has literally gone to the dogs and I am sure by the time January rolls around, I will be happy to have my home back.
 I brought the little puppies out around 1pm and they have actually been in the living room next to the big puppies all day.

Cindy and Brandon showed up this afternoon and they brought in a new big toy for when they are bigger, but the best thing was a huge stuffed Husky Dog that the big puppies just love.  They have been climbing all over it, chewing on it, trying to see if it had milk and I have to say we have gotten some of the cutest pictures of them today.  They have been also piling up on the common barrier to the little puppies and the little puppies have been on the other side.  I had originally thought I would keep them separated for another week, but the way they are interacting, I think they may do better to be together sooner rather than later.  I don't want them overrun by the bigger pups but at the same time, I think they will be just fine.  I know that when the time seems right, I will make the decision to put them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment