Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Happy New Year

Last Night after tossing and turning and finally falling asleep, the alarm on my Freezer decided to go off at 4am!  4 Fricking AM!!!  Are you Kidding me.  When the alarm goes off it is a beep and every 2 minutes a long beep, not something you can actually sleep through.  So I carefully get up, hoping and praying that I can sneak out of my room, past the puppy pen the laundry room in order to shut the damn thing off.  I come out of my bedroom and 17 faces are staring at me - damn, so much for sneaking past the puppies.  I go and turn off the alarm and it is showing a D for defrost, I am assuming.  Really what kind of sadistic bastard programs a freezer alarm to go off at 4am, shouldn't there be some kind of safeguard in place to have it go off during normal awake hours.  Like I am going to defrost my freezer at 4am. I am going to be lucky to defrost the damn thing before February at this point.  Now the puppies are awake and they are pretty sure that it should be breakfast time.  Sorry puppies, no breakfast for you at 4am, go back to sleep

Luckily I was able to go back to sleep fairly easily and woke up to pouring down rain  and I do mean coming down in buckets.  I decided we would feed the little puppies back in their room and the big puppies on the deck under the awning.  Of course by the time the puppies were fed, the sun had come out, at least for a little bit, so we brought the little puppies out too.   They all had some outdoor time before the next squall came.

I purchased a new tunnel for the puppies and it came yesterday. It was longer than I would have liked, so it doesn't fit under the awning but we put it out in the grass.  Hot pink girl was the first one to investigate and go running through it.  It was a great entertainment value.  Pups were attacking each other through the tunnel, pulling on it and running through it.  I am sure if the weather had been better today they would have played all day with it.  But the weather did not cooperate today and we had to bring them it, they were soaked when we got them in so in a way they all got a little bit of a bath today.  Basically every time we brought them in the weather changed so we took them out, then it changed and we brought them in.  I am telling this is a great workout program.

Tonight everyone got their toenails trimmed and the little pups got wormed for the first time, puppies are terrorizing each other and Dallas and Vegas don't want to be outside due to the fireworks going off in my neighborhood.  Kenya could care less and is perfectly happy on the deck.  Have I mentioned how much I hate fireworks.  I think they are lovely in displays where people can go and watch them.  But having m80's go off just for the sake of making a loud boom never made much sense to me.  Unfortunately my neighbors feel that it is their right to make as much noise as humanly possible tonight at the misfortune of poor Dallas.

I wish everyone a very happy New Year and may all your dreams and resolutions come true.  Me I will be washing clothes, have the TV on loud and running as many electronic appliances as possible to drown out WW3 in my neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment