Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Merry Christmas

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday with family and friends.  It has been pretty quiet here, other than puppies that want attention.

John and Erin came over for Christmas Eve Dinner last night and we had the bright idea that we would get a picture of all the puppies perfectly lined up on the couch for the holidays.  John has helped me with pictures before and so we knew that we needed the puppies to be sleepy and full otherwise chaos ensues.  So after everyone was pretty much passed out we started placing the puppies on the couch.  Started with the little pups who literally passed out and fell asleep where we laid them.  Then we added the big puppies.  The picture above is the final result.

Moral of the story....my puppies will never be still and quiet and line up for a perfect photo.  I have yet to do be able to accomplish it and I don't think there is enough duct tape or glue on the planet to make this happen.  My breeder friends do it all the time, they say do it when they are 4 to5 weeks, do it when they are tired and full, do it on something high so they are fearful of falling off.  Ya Right.  Not at my house, I did all of the above and obviously it didn't work.  Notice Pink Girl - she is the one that is about to leap over the railing for freedom and she was just the start of many that planned on joining her.

Erin is in love with White boy and thankfully he is now too big for her to try and sneak him out when she leaves.  Christopher wants to keep Lady Bug and I change my mind daily on which puppy I want to keep for myself.  I love them all, love their little personalities and am super excited for their future.  I used to think that Vegas puppies were amazing and many were going to be show potential, but as Kenya's babies get older, I am really liking them as well.  I have my short list from both litters, but time will still tell how they turn out.  I will say that the two pink girls are going to be going into experienced Berner homes that are going to engage their minds and put those two girls to work.  They are busy, busy, busy and I am starting to think Turquoise may also be in the same boat.  I have definite people in mind for these girls, but again we will make those determinations when they are 8 weeks old and know who is going to be show potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment