Thursday, December 19, 2019

Happy 4th & 5th Week Birthday

How is this possible?  Where has the time gone, it is so hard to believe that I have been at this for five weeks already, although at times it feels like it has been forever, I know the time is going by very rapidly and before I know it they will be going to their new homes.

Today has been a big day for the puppies.  I managed to get the outside fencing up before the diluge of rain started and the big puppies got their first taste of being on real grass.  It wasn't for long but long enough for them to poop and pee and chase mom around for a drink from the milk bar.  Then they started to get cold and I rushed to bring them inside before the rain started.

I am pretty sure if the weatherman is correct we will need an Ark to get up here by this weekend.  It is supposed to be nasty weather, lots of rain, lots of wind and who knows what else.  I am prepared.  I have the generator on the porch, wood stacked next to the woodstove and we will manage without power if we do lose it over the next few days.  Knocking on wood that it doesn't happen, but very happy right now that we made those contingency plans early on in case it did.

Today the puppies had their first outside visitors and I think Linda and Gil were happy to have puppy kisses and were just a little overwhelmed at the sheer number of puppies at first.  But they both were happy to sit on the floor and let the pups climb all over them and got a sense of how sharp their little teeth are.  It is always so nice to meet the families and looking forward to meeting more of you as the time comes.

Larena came and we took pictures again.  We tried to get some sitting pictures of the big puppies, but some of them were just too tired to hold themselves up.  Some look like they were having bad hair days and it will be fun to look at them this evening on the computer.  As soon as I can I will update the pictures on the side bar for everyone.

Thankfully Fed Ex brought our order of formula today - I think I have just about wiped everyone in two towns out of what we have been using.  I buy 5 pound bags and most stores have 14 ounce cans.  Let's see 5 pounds lasts about a week and 14 ounces 1/2 a day - I was getting nervous and watching the fedex tracking very closely.  So I was happy to see him show up today, he is my hero and I need to get him a Christmas Card with a gift card for all he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment