Saturday, November 16, 2019

2 Days Old

Sorry I haven't managed to get pictures up yet, hopefully that can happen today.  Yesterday we decided I better go out and get supplies while I could since before I know it, Kenya will be having her babies.

This has been a real balancing act, keeping Kenya away from Vegas' babies and yet having her be the princess that she is pretty sure she is and has come to expect to be treated as such.  Larena and I take turns taking naps and I let Kenya sleep with me so that she has some one on one time with mom.  I have also been trying to organize her whelping room and so have her with me when I am in there of course.

Vegas is being an excellent mom, one little peep and she is on it, trying to determine why her babies are crying.  Her milk still hasn't come in and we are still supplementing with a bottle.  Puppies always lose weight the first 24 hours after they come home, that is just the nature of the beast.  I am happy to say that last night no one lost any more weight, at least half of the puppies are back to their original weights and so I think we are on the right track.  I weigh puppies morning and night for the first two weeks so that I can make sure that no one is getting behind before it is too late.  I have a boy and a girl that are very vocal about their food.  The girl will happily take the bottle whenever we give it to her, but the boy has decided he doesn't want no stinking bottle, he wants a teat and he is going to be very vocal about it until he gets one.  Whenever we hear a peep we can pretty much tell at this point wether it is one of these two puppies and I will say that Red Girl is pretty much the noise maker at this time.

Today is trimming toenail day and when Larena gets up from her nap we will work on taking some pictures for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment