Friday, November 29, 2019

The Day After


I hope everyone had an enjoyable Thanksgiving with family and friends and didn't eat too much.  Larena and I made a small turkey and somehow throughout the day managed to cook a full dinner for the two of us.  We ate it in spurts based on whatever was done at the time and both managed to get a two hour nap in the afternoon, which is a beautiful thing.

The Bigs and the Littles as we are calling them are doing great, I did not have to tube feed Lady Bug at all yesterday, she is getting feisty again and digs in for the back nipple on mom and won't let go.  I think she is going to make it which makes me so happy, she is so sweet and I just love her little Swiss Kiss on the back of her head.

Mint girl continues to thrive as well and all the littles are actually starting to smell mom when she comes in and make their way to her.  We did pictures yesterday and I will work on getting them updated on the blog.  We ended up changing poor Lt Blue Boy's Color collar again, so he started out at Maroon, then went to Lt Blue and is now Gold - We found the Lt Blue and Mint colors were just too close to each other and Gold will stand out more, especially when they are all in the same pen at a later date.

The Bigs are little pigs, OMG they can polish off two ounces of formula in a split second.  Let's just say that at 4:06 this morning I started to top them off after nursing on mom.   10 puppies, burping them after they are done and I was finished at 4:36 so I think they got this thing down.  Their eyes continue to open and brown.  I have never had a blue eye as it is a double recessive gene but their is always that worry that one will crop up and until those little peepers open, I tend to hold my breath praying that we won't have a blue eye, none in this litter.

Kenya is starting to do better and you can tell the antibiotics are kicking in, plus we found that left over formula and or Goats Milk on top of her food is the bomb and she will polish off every little bit that is in her bowl.  Vegas on the other hand will eat her food, Dallas' food if he has walked away and hover over Kenya in anticipation that she can have hers too.  Vegas loves her food and this being a mom thing is the best.  Three or four meals a day rather than two - YES, life is good in her book.

No comments:

Post a Comment