Saturday, November 23, 2019

New Pictures

For the longest time I could not get these new pictures up - it kept saying invalid something or another and I finally decided to go to sleep and try again tonight, I ended up going to a different browser and then it would let me change the pictures - so there you have it.

I have labeled all the puppies at the beginning either V for Vegas or K for Kenya.  Of course the Vegas puppies are a week older and much larger.

Kenya is being an amazing mom, she has hardly left the whelping box, her milk is flowing and the babies are constantly on her, although they haven't started to gain yet, which is always the case and always worrisome.  I am reluctant to supplement, because I know she has enough milk for them and I know this is just what happens and I am hoping they can start gaining today before I take them in tomorrow for dew claw removal.

We have one little girl - Mint Girl who I am watching closely, I am hoping that she just got squished in utero and nothing else is going on.  She tends to put her head to one side and ends up on her back a lot, we have nicknamed her turtle for that reason.  Hopefully this will clear up and there isn't something neurologic going on or this can also be a sign of a deaf puppy.  I have never had this happen before and time is what we need to determine if it will get better or worse, in the meantime, she could use everyone's good thoughts and prayers for her to continue to thrive and get better.

Vegas' babies are getting fatter and bigger by the day, I swear I can just watch them growing.  She is getting better about spending time in the whelping box and we are not having to supplement as much, we still are supplementing but it doesn't need to be every two hours as we were before.  She is starting to feel much better and has a bounce in her step and earlier today she barked at me because she was hungry and wanted some food, nice to have my girl back.

No comments:

Post a Comment