Thursday, November 21, 2019

Today will be the Day

Yesterday I took Kenya into my vet and she did an ultrasound to make sure there was no problems with the babies.  All looked good, my vet thinks they are going to be large, heart rates were good and they were moving and shaking.  She felt that we should give Kenya one more night of trying to having these babies on her own and if nothing happened we would take them by c section today at 11:30 in the morning.

Nothing happened last night, so it looks like we will be doing a c section this morning.  Poor Kenya when I fed Dallas and Vegas she looked at me like, why can't I eat, I told her she was going to have surgery today so we could see her puppies and she just gave me the look and went and laid down on the couch.

I will post again after we get settled this afternoon and let you know how it all goes.

Update - Kenya had 4 boys and 4 girls by c section this afternoon.  Momma took some time to recover from the surgery but all are doing well and are home at this time.

Vegas is beside herself that there are new babies in the house and she wants them so badly, Kenya has already let her know to back off, these are her babies. 

Going to be a long night - will post more later

No comments:

Post a Comment