Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Home From Morocco

I got home last night around 7pm and oh the greeting I received.  It is so rewarding to have three big loveable dogs all try and be in my lap at the same time.

While I was away, Vegas' whelping box was finished and she is quite happy to spend time in it.  Kenya wanted to take over both boxes but my housesitter was really good about putting Kenya in her box and letting her know that was hers and the other one belonged to Vegas. 

Vegas has been panting a lot, she hasn't started to nest yet, but is starting to slow down her food intake which is hard to believe.  My vet didn't want to take an xray of her today because she doesn't want to stress her and have her go into labor early.  I will be watching her very closely over the next few days and hopefully she can whelp these babies naturally, without any issues.  My vet is amazing and has said she isn't going anywhere and I just need to give her a call any time day or night and she will come in.  I am also getting my puppy rubbers lined up just incase we have to have a c section.  I am very fortunate, even though I live in a remote area, there is a network of various dog breeders in the area that always come together to help each other day or night when the need is there.

The big surprise of the day though was when I took Kenya in for her x ray.  I didn't think she looked very big and I figured she probably had maybe four puppies.  My vet downloaded the xray and said "Holy Moly there are a bunch of puppies in there"  We think we counted 8 possibly 9 puppies! 

To say that I am starting to feel a bit overwhelmed right now is an understatement.  I am trying to go through all of my supplies and make sure I have all my ducks in order.  Thank God for Amazon Prime and my amazing pet sitter, who has said she will come and help me out. 

I will keep you all posted as things progress and please keep the girls in your thoughts and prayers for a successful and uneventful delivery.


1 comment:

  1. Wow - I think my jaw hit the floor when I read about how many puppies Kenya has!!
    I'm keeping ALL of you in my thoughts and prayers as the time grows closer. And Prayers for a good night sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete