Thursday, November 28, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving

We made it to one and two weeks of age - Yeah!  It's the little things in life to be thankful for.  Right now there are so many things I am thankful for.  I am thankful I have amazing girls who have had beautiful puppies and are perfectly fine helping each other mother.  I am thankful for Larena Harrison who insisted upon moving in with me for these last two weeks and for the next week so that I could get some rest.  I am thankful for my employee's and my dad, who have been keeping my business running and taking care of customers so that I could be home with babies, and I am thankful for my fantastic Vet who always seems to answer my texts and is always there for me.  There is more, but these are the top ones at this time.

Lady Bug continues to do well on the new formula.  I had to tube her again at 7 am yesterday and did it again at 7pm just before I went to bed, to be on the safe side.  She is gaining weight and has energy to actually get in and nurse on mom.  We have been topping her off with the formula and I think she may have turned a corner.  Hopefully I won't have to tube feed her today.

Mint girl is also doing well on the new formula and loves nursing off the bottle, I think it is easier for her, she still tends to throw herself to one side and gets herself turned upside down, but she is also getting stronger and has been able to right herself on more than one occasion.  I took a video of her yesterday and sent it to my mentor who agrees with me that I should have my doggie chiropractor look at her on the 4th of December when he is in town, she agrees that she could have something out of alignment that is throwing her off.  This seems like the first logical step in trying to fix whatever is ailing her.  In the meantime we continue to call her turtle and gotten to the point where we know her cry for help.

The older puppies haven't done so well on the new formula.  We were giving them a little bit mixed in with their other formula since we had some left over.  It had given them pretty stinky poops and poor Lime boy seemed very constipated yesterday and had a belly ache.  This is where I am so thankful for my vet.  I shot a video of him and she texted back to give him a warm water bath and rub his tummy in the water to see if that would help him.  It did, he totally relaxed in the bath and was just fine afterward, plus he was so much fluffier and clean.  Larena and I decided it probably wouldn't hurt any of the puppies at this stage of their life to have a warm water bath and so we are going to try and do one or two puppies a day over the next week, just to give them another experience and hopefully make it not so stressful when they have to have that real bath for the first time.

I hope you all have a very happy Thanksgiving with your family and friends.  People have offered to bring us food, but we are planning on cooking a small turkey today.  It won't be an elaborate dinner and we will most likely have to take turns cooking in between puppies, but we will manage and plus the girls will love having turkey mixed in with their meals.

At some point today we will also get new pictures of everyone and get those up tomorrow for you

No comments:

Post a Comment