Friday, November 22, 2019

Full House

Kenya and her babies are doing awesome!  She is so proud of herself and so happy to have eight babies of her own to clean and love on and they are clean and loved.  She has hardly moved an inch since she has been home, went out once to go potty and that was like pulling teeth to get her to come out of the whelping box.

I have a spare bedroom that has been my whelping room, it has the big whelping box and a bed and all of my supplies.  Next to that room is my office and that is where we put Vegas' whelping box.  I have a gate up between the two rooms and we kept Kenya away from Vegas while she was getting used to having puppies.  Yesterday, Vegas could care less if Kenya came into her room and only when Kenya climed into Vegas' whelping box this morning did Vegas show any signs of caring one way or another.  Now that Kenya has her babies, Vegas is going crazy, every time there is a peep coming from that room, she whines and wimpers and wants to go take care of those babies.  We have told her that she cannot and thought for a moment while Kenya was still out of it, we would let her look in and see that there were babies and Kenya was there and all was well.  Kenya gave a little growl to let her know these are mine - go away and I took Vegas out.  She is still not happy about it, but has been better the last few hours than she was earlier in the night.

Larena is still staying with me - Thank God.  I have been taking the night shift from 1 or 2 am (whenever Larena cannot stay awake any longer) until about 9 or 10am when she wakes up.  Then I take a nap for a couple of hours and she watches the babies, she takes a nap in the late afternoon and then I go to bed around 7 or 8pm until she wakes me at 1 or 2 in the morning.  It seems to be working.  I am getting used to being up all night, but unfortunately my clients are not happy with me and I am going to have to take some time to catch up on work, at least figure out what needs to be done, so my employee's can handle it while I am home with puppies.

Cindy came today and she was super excited to see the babies.  She was able to be there and help with the C section and to say the girls were happy to see her was an understatement.  She is coming back on Saturday so that I can go into the office for a few hours to see what is what.

Larena and I will take pictures of Kenya's babies this afternoon and I will get them up on this blog probably tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment