Thursday, November 14, 2019

Sleepless in Port Angeles

Vegas' temp dropped last night at 5:30pm which normally signals that puppies are coming within the next 24 hours.  Poor girl she was just miserable last night and this is the part about breeding that I hate, especially with new moms.  I am sure somewhere in the genetic makeup they understand what is happening, but I know that she wanted me to make it all go away last night and if I could have I would have.  Instead she paced, panted, nested and made sure that neither of us got any sleep.

This morning nothing much is different, we take 20 minute power naps and then she goes at it again.  I have spoken with my vet and the plan is to take the puppies by c section at 5:30 if nothing has changed before then.  Hopefully she can free whelp and get things moving but if not we agree that they will be coming out one way or another if nothing else has changed.

I have been lining up my puppy helpers who are all on call and happy to help.  Sometimes it takes a village and I am so thnkful that mine is awesome.  I will keep you all posted and in the meantime, I think I am going to take another nap while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment