Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Status Quo

I wish I could say that Kenya is showing signs of starting labor but that is not the case.   She is panting some, but still eating, her temperature has not dropped and otherwise shows no indication that she is ready to have puppies.  This is the part I hate.  I know today is day 63, today is the day she should have her puppies and I will talk to my vet this morning after she is up and see what she thinks we should do.  I am tempted to wait one more day before going in and taking them and I would be ever so grateful if she would just start going into labor and have her puppies today.

Vegas on the meantime is tired of nursing babies.  She is attentive and will stay with them for a couple of hours and then she is like, can I go out on the porch and cool off now, I am hot and boobies hurt.  She has milk and is otherwise very attentive, making sure they are clean, but we are watching her because sometimes she gets excited to get in and out of the whelping box and I am afraid she is going to step on someone.

Yesterday we left the gate open and Kenya came and poked her head in, she wants these babies so badly, she watches intently when I am weighing them and hoping and praying that I will just put a puppy down for her to dote on.  Vegas could care less that she was in the room with us and actually left the room while Kenya had her head over the whelping box, I thought if she saw the babies it might kick start something in her that she needed to have hers any day now.

This morning I think I am finally kicking this head cold, best I have felt in 5 days.  Still not out of the woodwork yet on it, but making progress and my head isn't pounding.  Yesterday I think was the worst day for me, Larena kept shooing me off to bed, telling me I needed to get some rest and get better, she had things under control and I needed to sleep.  I am not sure what I would have done without her.

Today's picture is still white boy - it won't let me load a new picture for today, Sorry

1 comment:

  1. I always appreciate your updates - thank you! Feel better and hopefully Kenya will start labor soon!

    ReplyDelete